- VSAT Congress
(15-16 November) CEO David Hartshorn will speak on Day 2 of the VSAT Congress, delivering a keynote on "Spectrum Packing +'s and -'s". The program and format will engage directly with keynote speakers and open-forum executive roundtables that include leading LEO, MEO and GEO satellite operators, VSAT service providers, manufacturers, customers, and subject-matter experts.
Learn from world-changing thinkers and innovators in the Satellite Communications VSAT Industry.
The 2018 program and format will build upon the success of last year’s inaugural VSAT Congress where, at the offices of Jones Day on Capitol Hill, a full house of attendees engaged directly with keynote speakers and open-forum executive roundtables that included leading LEO, MEO and GEO satellite operators, VSAT service providers, manufacturers, customers, and subject-matter experts.
Key questions to be raised at the 2018 VSAT Congress will include:
- Can industry afford to replace existing satellites? Can it afford not to?
- Can industry compete on data pricing?
- Will differentiation bring a competitive advantage?
- Can industry change its operational timescales?
- Are LEOs, MEOs and HAPS a threat or opportunity?
- Will independent VSAT operators survive?
- To what extent does industry need to integrate with terrestrial services?
- Will cyber security be a strength or a weakness?
- Are standardisation and commoditisation an inevitability?
- What are the chances of constellation collision and catastrophic collapse?
- Can the industry defend in the fight for frequencies?
- Can the industry keep up with data volume requirements?
- Will future VSAT terminal costs be economically viable?
- What will a smartphone equivalent VSAT mean to service providers?
- Does satellite become an inconsequential niche?
- Can VSAT technology developments catch up?
- Will investors believe in and support satellite’s potential?
- Can the industry integrate different orbital constellations?
- Are ISLs crucial?
- Is there a viable business structure and strategy?
- Is the industry going to have a civil war?
- Does separation of video and data make sense?
- Mapping Strategies for seamless GEO, MEO and LEO connectivity
- How can VSAT Become an essential extension of the 5G infrastructure?
- How can VSAT secure its place in an industrial IoT world?
- How can VSAT penetrate the future connected car marketplace?